Wednesday, July 28, 2010

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love to cook, but I'm not that fond of baking. However, I love to eat baked goods :0 It may be the size of my kitchen, my clumsiness, my impatience but I always make a mess. I'm getting better though at being better organized and making counter space before I begin the baking. All that to say, I baked cookies today. Now cookies are usually pretty easy to whip up, so it was a pleasant baking experience. I tried a recipe that I think I had jotted down several years ago while rummaging through my grandma's larger than life recipe box. They are a white chocolate peanut butter cookie. It's got a light peanut butter flavor, but just enough. I used whole wheat flour so I was a little worried that they may not "set up" as well. On the contrary they formed and set perfectly. Add a cold glass of milk and you're in cookie bliss.

1 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 C. milk
1/2 C. vegetable shortening (I used butter flavored)
1 1/2 C. light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 C. white Choc. morsels

Mix with a mixer the first 6 ingredients and set aside
sift flour, salt, and baking soda
Mix dry ingredients with moist
Stir in chocolate
place on ungreased sheet
bake 6-8 min. at 375 degrees
Makes about 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment