Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Summer break has begun! That means for the next 2 1/2 months I get to play the role of a stay at home mom. I'm so excited I can barely stand it! Now that I have a lot more time on my hand, I must resist the urge to watch T.V. and movies all day (like that would happen anyhow with a 13 month old at my heels). Each summer I plan out a list of things I want to accomplish during my precious time off. So, here it is, My summer to do list. In addition to these things, I will be tutoring some children and going on a few vacations, so I think there will be plenty to keep me busy.

1. Organize and put together a recipe notebook
2. Have a yard sale (June 5 to be exact)
3. Houseclean each room (woodwork, blinds, etc.)
4. Sell baby items at a consignment sale
5. Scope and sequence curriculum for next year
6. Continue my running. I'm at 2 miles, but I want to build up to do a 5k.
7. Read the following books:
Kingdom Education: A required book for school

A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George: I read this book in college but could learn so much more from it now as a wife and mom. I'm also leading a small group with it at church this summer, and I'm eager to go through it together.

Eats With Sinners by Arron Chambers

I'll also end up reading a few fiction books for leisure reading on the beach. First on my list is The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.

What's on your book list? I would love to know.

2 comments:

  1. 1. The minsitry of motherhood
    2. Having a Mary Spirit (part 2 of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha world by Joanna Weaver)
    3. A Woman's High Calling (Elizabeth George)
    4. Who do I lean on (Neta Jackson) (Yada yada house of hope novel, series)

    I'm almost done with #1, hope to read my novel at the beach and then get started on the other ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good ones. How was the Ministry of Motherhood?

    ReplyDelete