Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Book recycling


Do you have books sitting around on shelves that you've only read once and don't care to read again? I know I do. I'm still not sure why I bought a 500+ page novel at a 10 cent sale. This purchase clearly must have been during the summer and before having a baby when I actually had time for leisure reading. However, there are many books on my "to read list." Anyhow, there is a solution. I came across this site while reading on money saving mom's web page. There's a web site called paperbackswap.com . You can request books and swap out your used books. You just pay shipping. I have not tried it yet, but plan to soon. When I do, I will post about my experience. Read more on money saving mom's site. Let me know if you have used this site or a similar book swap site.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using Paperback Swap for about 6 months, and it is great! We have gotten lots of good books, and have actually gotten rid of a few that I wasn't sure anyone would want! I like the wish list feature where you can wish for a book that isn't currently available. Then when someone lists it, the system will automatically let you know. But for some books the wait can be long!

    Another feature I like is that you have the option to print the postage and delivery confirmation right on the wrapper and just put it in the mailbox. That way you don't have to go to the post office. Anything that keeps me from having to make an extra trip out the house is good!

    I love the Money Saving Mom website. She has so much good information on there. Have you tried Swagbucks yet? We've earned lots of stuff from that site.

    ReplyDelete