Saturday, March 27, 2010

Coupon Notebook


I'm just diving into the coupon world, so I by no means have a perfect system. A couple people have asked me how I set up my coupon book so I thought it time to share. I used a simple three ring binder, divider tabs, and trading card pages. I set it up into categories such as dairy, snacks, canned goods, cereal, frozen, household items, etc. I then put one coupon or multiple coupons that are the same together in the card holders and put the pages in their appropriate category, and it's that simple. I also keep a section at the end for store specific coupons an any restaurant coupons. Right now I have a 2 in. binder, but I think I need to use only a 1 in. binder right now, so I may have to adjust.

I've seen others who group their coupons by grocery store isles. This could work well if there is one store you shop at most frequently.

Another option is the envelope system. Make an envelope for each category you want and group them that way. You can then check the sale ads before shopping and transfer the coupons you want to use into one envelope to take with you. For some this is more manageable.

Here's a good site that spotlights several different ways and how to implement them.

Most importantly is to find a system that fits your needs and is easy to use.

2 comments:

  1. I have a little pocket divider that I use that fits in my purse. I want to move to what you have. I got the idea when the boys bought football trading cards, but Target only had one packet left at the time. I think your way is easier to know what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your method. Where do you get the trading card pages?

    ReplyDelete