Monday, April 5, 2010

coupon coding


While at the grocery store the other day I learned some good info that I would like to pass along. The guy checking out my groceries, helped me understand a few things about the coding on the bar code of coupons. Here's a rundown of what he told me. If the first number at the front of the barcode is a 5, it will double or triple even though the coupon may say "do not double or triple." If that number is a 9, it will not. In the picture you can see I have circled the five, so I know this will double. In the second grouping of numbers, if the second number is a 0 you can use it on any variety of the brand listed, not just the stated flavors or size. In the picture I have underlined the number. It is a 3 so it is only good for what is stated on the coupon. Hope this helps you some. I was very thankful to the guy for sharing these tidbits with me.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for letting me know. i noticed HT tripled some that said "do not double"

    ReplyDelete