Tuesday, April 6, 2010

CVS Deals

After doing some reading about how to navigate my way into CVS shopping, I decided to give it a go yesterday. I looked through their ad, circled items, made a list, organized my coupons, and I was ready to go. My plan was to do one transaction buying the products that I would earn ECB'S (extra care bucks) and then do another transaction using the ECB's to buy things on sale that I had a coupon for. This ended up working out pretty well. I spent $30 out of pocket and bought $22 worth of more stuff using the ECB's I had earned and not having to pay out of pocket. In the end I still have $2 worth of ECB's to use on my next purchase. I got $52 worth of products for $30. I think next time I will do things a little differently though so I can walk out spending less. I did learn a few things from this trip: (1) Having an 11 month old that decides to make his loudest noises while in the store can stress me out and cause me to loose a little focus (2) Double check the size on the product even if the sale tag on the shelf is right below the one you picked up. This will save me time and confusion at the register.

If you are curious about how to maximize on CVS deals and how to start using their extra care bucks (money back coupons at the end of your receipt that can be used on your next purchase) click here.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I'm so glad you got started. It's fun when you can keep rolling the ECB's from week to week. Last week I spent $1.30 out of pocket and then got $7 for the next visit at Walgreens. It get's addicting!!

    ReplyDelete