Thursday, April 8, 2010

Menu planning

One of the best tools that has helped to save money on groceries is weekly menu planning. Especially now that I am a mom, I do not have the time (or energy) to go to the grocery store several times a week. I came across this menu planning document a while back, and I love it. I use the second one pictured on the page. I like having my list and menu all together on one page. It's also nice to have the grocery items separated into categories. Before using this I would shop with a list of items only to find that I forgot to get something in the dairy section clear across the store. I was constantly back tracking. It takes some planning ahead of time, but it's nice knowing what's for dinner each night and not having to come up with something once I come home from work.
The project girl website has some other cute ideas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment