Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bananaberry bran muffins


It's tasty Tuesday! I tried a new recipe today and am excited to share. I had blueberries on hand and wanted to incorporate them into whatever I made. I tried a recipe for banana blueberry bran muffins that I scoped out on Money Saving Mom's website. I followed the recipe as is except I didn't have flax seed on hand so I substituted about 2/3 tbsp. of oil instead, and they turned out great. Oh and I also added about 2 pinches of brown sugar (I just had to know that there was some sugar in them :) They are bran muffins so don't go expecting your typical blueberry muffin. They aren't nearly as sweet, but the honey gives it a good flavor. Overall, I really like them. They are a healthy and filling breakfast muffin or snack. I like them best warm with a little butter. Nathan really loved having one for a snack too.

No comments:

Post a Comment