Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday, I mean Wednesday


I never got around to posting the new recipe I tried this week. I technically didn't make it on Tuesday, but it was yummy, and I wanted to share it. The travel bug bit me so I've been pretending that I'm going on a vacation and have been looking at places around NC for night away. I came across a bed and breakfast, Sabotta Manor, and got to looking at their recipes. That is where I found this fab dish that I made for Luke's Father's Day breakfast. The name is a mouthful, Pineapple mandarin cream cheese stuffed french toast. Is your mouth watering? It's a very sweet dish and the pieces are thick, so one piece is a good serving. Instead of syrup for this french toast, the recipe calls for making the glaze/sauce that uses the pineapple and mandarins. Because of it's sweetness, I would recommend serving it with something to counteract it like bacon, eggs, or sausage. It really was delicious but should probably be steered clear of if you're trying to cut calories or watch your sugar intake. However, indulgence is a necessary part of life every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment