Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I love Ross!


In case I haven't stated it before, I love Ross. I often find a great bargain there for something specific that I'm looking for. I got a top brand pair of sunglasses this year for only $6. They also usually have great prices on baby stuff. I've found that some of it is even cheaper than or equivalent to what I might pay at a consignment sale. Anyhow, today confirmed my love for Ross. For the past year, I've been looking here and there for a white set of dishes. I wanted something crisp, classic, and elegant. Not too modern, not too antique looking, something just right. Yesterday I found them at Ross. They are Mikasa's Antique White collection. I opened the box, checked them out, and then hid them behind other items on a shelf just in case I decided to come back and get them. I looked online last night to see what the going rate was for them and to read some reviews. The prices I found ranged from $120-$140. I knew then that Ross was offering a great deal, so today I returned, pulled them out of hiding and purchased them for $41.99! So, I've been trying to make a habit of checking at Ross first for an item before I move on to another store. I can't wait to use my new dishes at dinner tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Great find! Thanks for the laugh!! I couldn't imagine you "hiding" the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, if you only knew the many items I've "hidden" in stores. It was mostly when I was younger though and I wanted to bring my mom back to buy it for me.

    ReplyDelete